Wednesday, November 2, 2011

10.24.11
That's great to hear that the family is staying active and that everyone has their activities and are staying out of trouble. As we are doing things that are productive, Satan is kept away from us and we are able to focus on the important things and not allow for destructive things to enter into our minds.

I have gotten DearElders from a few people which are greatly appreciated namely Deb, the Morales family and the Merrills. Those are the most recent that I can remember, and I know that others have sent me letters and emails too which I am so grateful for. I don't always get time to respond, especially emails one because of the time limit and two because I can only email family. The question you made was a great question and to be honest with you I'm not exactly sure, but it is always great to recieve DearElders and letters. I did enjoy last year the cards from the different classes and quorums from the ward. Pictures from the ward would be nice to receive too.

This week was a great week! I love being a missionary. There is honestly no better time in my life that I have passed. I understand why they are the best two years :) This week I went on divisions with other missionaries in my Zone and I went and worked in their area, Chimaltenango. It was nice to get out of my area for a day or so and work with another missionary because since I got to Ciudad Vieja, I have worked there every single day. Sometimes routine gets boring and you don't grow as much. The following day we had a Zone Conference with Elder James B. Martino of the Seventy. This is the second time in my mission that I have had the opportunity to hear him, the first time was exactly a year ago when I entered the mission field. He reiterated the importance of working with the members and the importance of proper planning. In my entire mission I have been able to "get by" without really working with the members, but I am tired of just getting by. Like I said, routine gets boring. This week we have already planned a few appointments where members are going to invite a nonmember over or where we are going to go with the members to the non members house. I have faith and i know that as my companion and i work with the members more we will find a lot more success. Elder Martino talked about the importance of planning well. Chapter 8 in PMG talks specifically about planning and how to plan well, setting goals and measuring your progress. He made us the promise that if we can master the principles that chapter 8 mentions we will make 100,000 dollars more in life. Yes, 100,000 dollars more. I am really working to understand and put in practice the principles of planning well.

Well the rainy season is officially over after almost 10 days straight of rain. It's nice to be dry :) It's amazing what the sun can do for your soul after not seeing it for 10 days.

Be safe and be smart and be obedient. "...Ciertamente al obedecer es mejor que los sacrificios..." - 1 Samuel 15:22

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment