Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This week was a great week. I love serving the Lord and have so much joy in knowing that there is nothing better that I could be doing than serving Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

My day: I am always tired. Every day I wake up, look at my alarm clock and wish that it's only 3am so I can sleep a few more hours and I think of how nice it will be to get back in bed when the day is over. I say a prayer and put myself in the Lord's hands knowing that only He can give me the strength to work another day. I do some push ups and sit ups, some curls and a little bit of bench press with the weights that other missionaries have made and left in the house. I get in the shower and get ready for the day. I eat breakfast and lately it's been banana pancakes because we've still got a lot of pancake mix so I haven't bought anything else for breakfast. At 8am it's time for personal study and right now I've been studying the Book of Mormon. I am reading in the book of Mosiah and I am reading about Alma and how he repented of his sins and was able to bring many people also to repentance. I love stories like his. Then I have companionship study from 9am to 11am focusing on teaching the lessons in Preach my Gospel and learning how to be a better teacher. I have become a great fan of chapter 10 because it really shows how to be a master teacher. It is hard sometimes having a new companion and teaching him, but it has helped me revert to the basics and when we get back to the basics everything goes better and we come closer to Jesus Christ.

11am to 12pm we study language and then we are out to work. Normally we don't have a lot of lessons early in the day, but it is a great time to share the gospel and so we knock doors and look for families in the street and sometimes visit members to help in the missionary work.
We eat lunch at 1:30 and by 2pm we are up and at 'em again. The best thing about missionary work is being able to testify of the Lord Jesus Christ and that He is Everything for me and my life. There are many people who reject the message but that makes it even sweeter when people accept it. We walk a lot but I know that all the walking we do will be repaid (I'm going to have a beautiful wife!) 9pm we're in the house planning for the next day and getting ready for bed. I write in my journal a bit and eat something and then to bed. 6am (the following day) we do it over again. 14 months have gone by quick and I am savoring every minute.

I can't believe that it is still 100 degrees. I haven't felt heat like that in a long time. Guatemala really is a promised land. The weather here is so great for the most part. I haven't seen the sun for over a week because it has been raining everyday, except for yesterday, since last Monday. On Wednesday I thought that a hurricane was passing through because it was raining so much and super windy. The rain was falling at a horizontal direction! I love my mission :) Supposedly we are at the end of the rainy season so hopefully it will stop here in the next few days.


Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment