Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Well this week was great :). First off, I had changes this last Wednesday and I am in a new area with a new companion. I left my son in Ciudad Vieja to work hard and baptize those families we were working with. My new area is Santiago Atitlan, right on the shore of Lake Atitlan which has been supposed by many to be the Waters of Mormon, and my new companion is Elder Horrocks from Centerville, Utah. Elder Horrocks will be hitting a year in the mission tomorrow and he is a hard worker and a great missionary. In my new area Santiago, I have to learn a dialect, and this time it is necessary that I learn it because the majority of the people speak it, and they don't know Spanish very well. The dialect is called Tzutijil (pronounced Sutooill) and it is pretty difficult because there are a lot of sounds you have to make with your throat and just weird sounds, but I know that the Lord will bless me with the gift of tongues because He is the one who called me to serve here. I'll try to send some pictures next week.

I'm super excited for wrestling season even though I'm so far away. I know that it is a tough sport, but there is nothing like it. There are very few who can make it thru the season, and even fewer who have the desire and will power to give it a little more. Wrestling taught me a lot that is serving me well in my mission, for instance, in the area I just arrived in it is known to be a hard area and in the last 2 years there are maybe 10 recent converts which is pretty low for Guatemala. My companion has some time in the area and the difficulties have gotten to him a bit, but now it is my job to push us both harder than we have ever worked in the mission and I know that if we do so the Lord will bless us. That is pretty crazy that the weight classes have changed, but there is a reason for everything and that just means that the boys will have to work a little harder to earn the glory. It's never gonna be easy. Elder Falabella of the Seventy said "The easy way makes men and rivers twisted." You´ll never come out the best you can if you take the easy way out. I love wrestling.

Well it sounds like the family is doing well and that everyone is staying active and that is great. Hopefully that letter comes soon from Kya because I want to hear what's going on with this Ryan kid. I have no idea who he is and I have to approve him considering I am her brother! Kort you have got to think deep inside and find out what you want. These years are crucial, they can and will make or break your life. Zack you have to learn now to listen to the counsels of your father, something that took me a long time to do and I wish I would have listened sooner because I'd be a lot farther in life. Mack stay "pilas" sis :). Don't do anything for a boy that you wouldn't do if dad was watching you. Brooklyn I miss you and I love you tons. Stay genuine :)

It is crazy to think that Christmas is coming up, but I am excited because I will be with Elder Horrocks for Thanksgiving and for Christmas and we will have such a great time.

I love you all so much and I hope that you stay firm in the faith because nothing else brings happiness. Live happy.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment