Monday, November 28, 2011

11.21.11

Today my companion and I are moving houses because where we are living now the owners are kinda jerks and we have just gotten sick of dealing with them. They would never let us take our trash down and so we would end up with huge bags of trash sitting in our house and I just couldnt take it anymore so we started looking for a new house and we found one with some members that is a good size with a great view. It's kinda like being in a beach house, but to add to that we have a cleaning lady who comes to clean our house twice a week for 25 quetz (about 4 dollars). It's going to be great :) I love being a missionary!

That's so great that people are accepting the message. That makes me happy to hear that the work at home continues on. That's sad that Wes got released, but the Lord knows why. He did a great job and I learned a lot from working with him and going on visits. He's a stud. Tell him I say thanks for being a great leader and a great example.

The work here in Santiago is going great. This week we worked pretty hard and we were able to see the results in our numbers. I'm not here for numbers, but the Lord asks us as missionaries sometimes to represent His children with numbers so that we can measure our progress. I also have to help other missionaries reach their potential and so for that reason sometimes we must work with numbers. I am happy to be here in Santiago and I know that the Lord has sent me here for a reason. As I strive to better the branch I'm in, I know that the Lord will provide all the ways He seems fit to help me in my labors. The people here are great people, but one thing that really affects the success here is the simplemindedness of the people. They live day to day and it is a struggle to help them understand the importance of eternity. There are many many evangelical churches here that have a grip on the people because of the simpleness of the path. All you have to do there is show up, shout and dance, give money if you have a some and you're saved. It's like going to a concert. It's frustrating but I'm here because the Lord needs me to touch the heart of His children here and I am giving it my best shot. The language is coming along and I can understand when the kids call me "sac chu'"(white fish).

That's great to hear that the family is doing great. This is my last Thanksgiving that I'm going to miss but don't worry, my companion and I found some turkey legs and so that's what we're going to be having for Thanksgiving. It's great to be with someone who shares your culture and who wants to enjoy a good meal. It's good that Kya was a good sport and brought the turkey home for Thanksgiving :)

I pray for you all and I love you all so much. I'm stoked for the match results next week. Kort get better. I love you man and I want you to have the success you deserve. Zack tear it up. You've gotta be a machine.

Have a great week. Tbna kwentibi

Love
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment