Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5.1.11
Thank you for the email and for always being there to support me. Mothers' Day is coming up soon as you mentioned and my plans were to call after church on Sunday the 13th. I get out of church at 1pm and would probably be home to call around 1:30pm or 2pm. I'm going to try and do the same as I have done before, borrow a member's phone and buy minutes here. I need you to send me the number again depending on which phone you want me to call. I'm excited to talk with you all here soon.

I cant believe that the kids are done with school here in three weeks! Time is flying by so fast I can't believe it. The kids are growing up so fast. I'm excited to be able to see everyone again in a few months and by the way it sounds everyone is staying busy. You hadn't mentioned anything before about Zack but that's great to hear that he is doing better and recovering quickly. How'd he get the hernia? How's Kort doing? and Brooklyn?

That's great that you are having lots of work mom. I know that many times you feel like it's too much, but I know many people that would love to trade you places. Thank you for being the most excellent mother and showing me how to keep going even when times get tough. You have been such an amazing example to me over the years. Don't give up on the boys, they'll turn around here soon.

My card says that it is good thru May. Thank you for getting me another card. I'll let you know when I get it.

This week was a great week. My first full week working in a trio and my last. It was really weird getting used to being with two other missionaries but on Friday night the Mission President called and said that Elder Loayza, my companion from Peru was going to another area. There was a missionary who was here in the mission waiting for his visa and it came last week so he went to his mission and Elder Loayza was sent to the coast. Elder Mejia and I are here in Panorama and we're working hard doing all we can to bring people to Christ. This Sunday we had a meeting with the bishop and he is really excited to work with us. He asked all the members of the Ward Council to pick a day when they want to do a fireside in their house and we now have planned every Wednesday and Saturday from the 9th of May to the 16 of June planned. Working with the members is the most effective way and we are going to give it all we have with the members here to bring more souls to Christ. I have never been in an area where the members have such a desire to work with us. I know that we will have success and I'm looking forward to bringing more people to Christ. I love the Lord and His gospel. I know that opening our mouths is part of the promise that we have made with Him and I'm doing all I can to be obedient. I love the Book of Mormon. I just finished it again and I know that it is true. The promise is the same everytime we read it. We just have to have a desire to know if it's true and if we pray with a desire to know then the Lord will reveal the truth of it unto us by the power of the Spirit.

I know that I have to be better. I have to step it up. Overtime is ticking away and I'm going harder than ever. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment