Thursday, April 26, 2012

Before everything, I want you to know that the church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and he did what the Lord asked him to do. I love the Book of Mormon and know that it is the most correct book of any here on the earth. I love reading the scriptures and following the guidance that they give us. I am so grateful that I'm a missionary and that I have the privilege to carry the Lord Jesus Christ's name on my chest. I'm proud to know the truth and to be able to preach it here in Guatemala. Happy Birthday Mom. Thank you for being my mother.

My new area is Panorama which is right next to San Cristobal where I started my mission. I feel privileged to be able to train my companion right next to where I was trained and started my mission. I love working hard, but I don't think that my new companion that I'm training is too fond of it. Oh well, his legs will heal. I'm constantly thinking of something that Dad taught me, you gotta have a sense of urgency. There is urgency in the work and we can't rest until 10:30pm. I walk a little faster than my companion likes, but I think of my trainer and how much it bothered me when he left me in the dust and how grateful I am that he taught me to have a sense of urgency in missionary work since day 1. I love training and it gives me the fire to work harder and harder each day. I'm in a trio like I mentioned and I'll just say that it's quite the adventure. Not only do I have one new missionary to push, but 2. My other companion apart from the one I'm training has 4 months in the mission and so I have to give him some pushes sometimes, although he is a real great guy. My trainee is from Nicaragua, the second I have trained from Nicaragua and the third comp from Nicaragua. I think I have something special to do with Nicaragua. My other companion is from Peru and he is a genuine guy. Real humble and with a desire to share the gospel. Us three together will be a true force to challenge Satan, and that's the way I like it.

I'm glad to hear about all of the great things that went on this last week at home. I'm sure it was a bit crazy but that's what vacations are for right? I'm proud of Kya and the great example that she has been for me in my life. Ryan truly is a lucky guy and I'm sure he knows it, but I'll just say he better treat her right. I may be little but I don't fear much :) Life's great when we follow the example of Christ. Be obedient and keep on following the Savior. He will bring us home.

Times up I'm sorry, but know that I love you so much and that I'm doing great, happier than ever.
Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment