Thursday, May 17, 2012

It was so great to hear you and the rest of the family on mothers day. I feel so blessed to have a mother like you who loves me for who I am and what I am becoming. I wouldn't be able to make the changes that I'm making if it weren't for your support and prayers. I love getting emails every week from you and although I may be coming in on the home stretch this is when I need your prayers more than ever. Satan is working really hard with me and I know that he wants me to fall more than ever, but I know that I have built my foundation upon the rock of my Redeemer. I am on a sure foundation, a foundation I love and can trust even in the worst storms. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's kingdom that has been established upon the earth to prepare for Christ´s second coming.

That is great to hear about Katie's experience and her conversion. The key to the gospel in which we associate ourselves is our personal conversion. As we face trials and challenges in our life we have to put the gospel to the test and we will always receive a witness from God thru  His spirit of the truthfulness of what we profess. Its great to know that the boys are going to Saint George after school is out. The Saint George trip I went on right after graduation was a turning point for me in my life. I remember getting the opportunity to bear my testimony from the pulpit where every prophet of the dispensation except for Joseph Smith has born their testimony and I remember receiving an answer to my prayers that the gospel is true. I pray that the boys will have a great experience there and that they will remember it for their entire life.

Yesterday I had a really humbling experience with my companion as we were contacting people in the street. We were hurrying to reach our goal for the day and as we walked by a bread shop a man came walking out and so we stopped to talk to him. He tried hard to tell us things that were wrong about what we believe and we bore testimony of the truth of what we believe but he wasn't receptive to what we were sharing and my companion began to get upset. I smiled at the man and told him that we want him to be blessed and that we could help him receive those blessings. He began to tell us more things aboput what was "wrong" with our beliefs and my companion began to cut him off but the man raised his voice and kept talking. He told my companion to have some respect and told to him to head off because he was done talking to him. I felt awful because the spirit was gone. Its amazing how quick we can lose the spirit even just by trying to do what's right. We walked away and I said a prayer to get the spirit back and as we went out to talk to more people the spirit was with us again. I know that whether it be our fault or not, sometimes we have to accept the wrong and move on. Sometimes our pride may get in the way but we have to remember that it is only in and thru the Lord that we can become who he wants us to become. We must pray always to have the guidance of the spirit so the we can fulfill our purpose as children and servants of God.

The gospel is true and I know that I am doing all I can to live it. I'm by no means perfect but I rely on the Lord who strengthens me.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment