Thursday, May 31, 2012


5.22.12

Life here is great and I'm learning a lot from my companion, my area, and my leaders. I'm trying to be humble and patient in all that I'm doing so that I can have the guidance of the Spirit. I know that I'm not perfect by any means and I know that the Lord has placed me in just the right area with just the right people to help me reach my full potential. I want to be better and the Lord knows that so He is turning the heat up and putting me deeper into His fire. I have to be honest, I love it. My companion is doing well and we are finding the way to communicate better and to rely more on the Lord. 

The world is changing and so are its standards. It's amazing how immodest the world is and unfortunately we are surrounded with its filthiness but the great thing is that we have agency and rather than settle for less we can keep our standards high and find the way to be in the world but not of it. I love knowing that obedience brings blessings and as you are obedient in terms of modesty you will be blessed and others will see your prime example. That is crazy to think that in 3 weeks Kya is going to be married. Time is flying. It seems like a dream. 
I haven't gotten the debit card yet, I'm not sure why but I'll send you the info you need as soon as I get it. With my contacts, I'm sure that I will need an eye exam but I can still see great with the perscription that I have and so I'm sure that the difference won't be much if there is one. Thank you for helping me with all of these things. I was curious, what do I need to do in order to have housing when I go up to Utah this fall? I won't be studying so I don't know how that will work.

That's great to hear that the window got replaced. I had completely forgotten about that day, but when you mentioned about the window I had a flashback that made me laugh. Most of our experiences in life seem to be like that. In the moment it is a situation quite serious and in some occasions fearful, but looking back they become funny and help us to progress. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real and as we strive to live it we are blessed. 

This past week it started raining and so now the rainy season has officially started. On Thursday my companion and I were walking to a bus stop to talk with people and up to this moment we had stayed fairly dry other than our feet. The rain had slowed down and it was to a very light sprinkle so I closed my umbrella and as I closed it a car drove by right through a huge puddle of water and soaked my companion and I. I thought that things like that only happened in movies, but now I have my own real life experience of getting soaked by a car. Needless to say we went right to the bus stop to share the message of the Restored Gospel.

I love you all. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment