Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thanks for the message Mother :) It's great to get emails from you, but talking to you was like you said the best Christmas gift I could have received. I know that it's hard to wait, but I'm excited to talk again on Mothers' Day. I felt the same way last year, I just wanted Mothers' Day to come to talk some more. I feel like I could have talked for hours but sometimes we don't get what we want. I'm so blessed to have a family as great as you all are to me, but I'm even more blessed to have a mother as perfect as you are Mom. I'm looking forward to 2012. It's all been kind of a dream this year. 2011 flew by and I can't believe we're coming to an end. You're right mom this is the last email in 2011 and I'm happy for that too. The closer I get to my 18 month mark the weirder I feel but I also feel good because then I'm closer to seeing you again. I'm still focused on my mission, don't get me wrong, but I know that you are all a reality and I'll be with you in August. 8 more months to go. :)

Not much has changed since we talked on Sunday, but I do love you even more. I'm so blessed to have such great support from a family as great as you. My companion was grateful for the chips :) He says thank you. That sounds great that you are going to Utah for a few days. Tell all of the family that i say Hi, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. If you see Andrew tell him to write me so I can have his email. Let the ward know that I am grateful for the letters they wrote me and their love was felt. Thank you for sending the family pictures in my package. Everyone looks so great.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was the translator of it. He received power and authority from on high to do so. I love that no matter who you are, where you live or what language you speak, the Holy Spirit can testify to you that the Book is true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and that by obeying his counsels we will be led down the straight and narrow path that leads to eternal life. Jesus Christ is our Savior and He died that we might live. Christ is the only way that we can find salvation. I am so grateful for the Atonement and the power that it has had in my life to allow me to change and become a son of Christ. I know that our family is an eternal family and we are blessed for that, and now we have to share that with others. I'm so happy to have been given the opportunity to serve. My mission means EVERYTHING to me.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment