Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thanks for writing me, Mom. Every week it's a blessing to get an email from you because I know that you are busy and it's sometimes hard to find time, but thank you for always making time for me. I just wanna say sorry for asking for so many things lately. I'm probably the one who asked for the most stuff this Christmas, but know that when I get home and get my life started, I'll repay you and Dad for all of the sacrifices that you have done for me. Just know that I'm so grateful for your support getting me out here on a mission. I try day after day to comprehend better the responsibility, authority, and power I have right now but to fully comprehend it might take a lifetime. I am doing all I can to be able to stand before the Lord and tell Him face to face one day that I gave it all I had, that I did all I could. For the call home, I'll be calling around 7pm or 8 pm Guatemala time. I'm not sure the exact hour yet because I'm not sure if we'll get to borrow two phones or just one. I hope you're all home so I can talk, and just remember I only have 40 min to talk so get the questions ready :) idk if I'll have time to tell you all the things I want to but I'll try to at least get the important things in. I can't believe that Christmas is here next week and that in 2 weeks we're going into 2012.

I still haven't gotten my Christmas package yet but that's because they haven't brought the packages out of the office. As far as I know I should be getting it on Saturday. I did get the package Deb sent me in August, and I had written her a letter about that same time, but I never remembered to bring the letter when I was passing by the post office until last week. I sent the letter to Deb last week along with a letter to Kya and Lacie. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm so grateful for all of your support and just so you know I also got two cards this past week from Deb and Beth. Thank you!!

A funny experience that I had this week: I was with my companion at a member's house and we were talking with the Sister about the scof and stockings that she is making us and while we were talking her little 5 yr old boy walked out in the yard and started peeing. His dad got a little upset and hollared at him while he was peeing and told him that you don't do that. The little boy farted (which is extremely disgusting/disrespectful in the area I'm in) and both the parents were so embarrassed but my companion and I couldn't hold in our laughter.

Yesterday my companion and I decided to hike the San Pedro volcano in our area. We woke up and met up with 2 other people who were going with us. We got to the volcano at about 8:30 and as we went to a trailhead the guard there wanted to charge us 100 quetzales. That is just waaaaaay too much so we went and found our own path. After half an hour of hiking the trail, the trail disappeared so we made our own way up the volcano. That was one of the craziest thing I've ever done. We were climbing thru trees and vines, crawling on our stomachs and pulling ourselves up rocks by vines that were hanging down. We finally made it to the top at 2:30pm. It was such a long hike and we were not prepared. We planned for 2 hours up and 1 and a half hours down so we didn't pack lunch. I was so tired that on the way down my legs were shaking. It felt so good to get back down, and right when we got to the main road a police truck passed and took us back to our area. Great day! :)

Love
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment