Friday, May 6, 2011

Mom, you are so valiant. I love you and appreciate the love that you have for me and for all of us kids. If it wasn't for your love and charity towards us children I know that I wouldnt be here on the mission. Thank you for allowing me to exercise my agency and to make the decisions I made. I have learned from them. I know that my Heavenly Father is pleased that you and Dad have fought so hard with us and that you have taught us the right ways. Be strong with Kortland. He is lost in a world where Satan has great power. Satan has been around much longer than us and he knows how to pull us down. We are the "elite" of Heavenly Fathers children and that is why we have come at the time that we have come. We must always strive to strengthen our armor as we go out to battle each and every day. Prayer is our Shield and the Scriptures are our sword and they must be prepared everyday. Strengthen your shield and armor by daily prayer. Sharpen your sword by reading the Scriptures and the Lord will be your strength and He will sustain you in the daily battles.

Wow!! I can't believe that school is almost over. What is just as crazy is that summer vacation is the only thing that seperates me from being out on the mission for a year. I dont know how, but i think time is going by faster each day. It's nice though to know that hard work is what makes the days feel like seconds. The Kids are all growing up and I dont know what I'm going to do when I hear that the cousins are getting their mission calls. I miss all of the cousins and aunts and uncles. Let them know that I love them and that they are in my prayers.

So Mothers day is Sunday. I was thinking about calling at night so that i could just finish the day talking to you. I was thinking of calling about 8pm my time, so 7 pm your time. I figured that that would assure that all are home. I will be calling from the same number that i called on Christmas. I hope all can be there so i can talk to everyone, especially Kort and Zack. About the shoes, depositing money would probably work the best and I have heard from other missionaries that they sell some good quality shoes here I just have to shop at the right place. I am going to take my shoes to a repair store and see if they can sew the holes up. I will do my best to wear them as long as I can.

So this week I got a package from Elder Hatch, something simple, but that he had promised me. It was a poster of the first vision 16x20 inches. I laminated it and put a bunch of pictures of Jesus Christ on the other side and that is what I have been using to contact now. It is great because people wonder what it is and so it opens up a conversation right away. I love testifying of Joseph Smith because I know that he was called of God to restore the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that he had a sincere desire to know the truth and that God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him and answered his question. I know that anyone who has a sincere desire to know the truth can know by praying to God with a sincere heart with a desire to follow the answer they recieve.

I love you all so much. Don't forget I will be calling Sunday night at 7 pm Arizona time.
One last question, can you send me the recipe for Ire Cooking (crepes) ?

Love Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment