Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This week was an interesting week, and I'm glad to say that it was much better than the week previous. My companion was able to be a bit happier and we were able to get some work done. I didn't have emergency changes but we will find out tonight if I am going to have changes, whether I stay or I leave. I have a feeling that I will stay in the area another change and that my companion will be leaving because of all the things that have happened, I don't think that the mission president will leave him in an area where the temptations are too strong to break the rules. It really has been frustrating to be with a companion for 4 and a half months whose concept of obedience is that the Spirit can lead you to break the rules because the Spirit told Nephi to kill Laban. That's a big thing here, that a lot of missionaries feel that the Spirit can lead you to do things that don't seem right, but if the Spirit tells you to do so it's ok. I love that scripture in D&C 82:10 because I know that it is true, the Lord is bound when we do what he says, but when we are disobedient there is no promise.

That's great to hear that you are have so many blessings with the crops and with the animals. The Lord sees that you are doing your part to save and to use what He has given you so He is kepping his promise to bless you as you live wisely and follow the Word of Wisdom. The Lord will bless you and you will continue to receive the food you need as you are obedient to all the commandments. Something I miss is some good corn on the cob so when that corn is ready, be sure to enjoy it for me :) When Grandma and Grandpa Bench come, let them know that I love them and that I'm sorry I never send them emails but they are in my prayers and I love them so much. 10 days and the school year is over!! That is so crazy. 2 days and I've been out 9 months. What has happened with the time!? I'm probably going to be mentioning the time all of the time because it's just crazy how fast time is going by. This past p-day we got permission to watch The Best Two Years and so we relaxed and watched it as a zone. I had never seen it before, but it is a pretty funny and as I watched it, I felt like the new missionary who gets into the field all fired up to work and makes a fool of himself but doesn't care because he just wants to share the gospel. It's great, you have got to see it.

I hope that all is going well at home and that you all are safe. I love you and I know that the Lord loves you too. I know that the Church is true and that it was restored by the power of God. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God to be the Prophet who would open this last dispensation. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church with the power of God and I know that the Book of Mormon was translated by that power. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that like the Bible, it testifies of Jesus Christ. I know that we can become perfect because Jesus has commanded us and like it says in 1 Ne 3:7 we do not recieve a commandment without the Lord preparing the way for it to be done. We can be perfect. Let us be Perfect.

Love with prayers and faith,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment