Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I am so happy because i get to stay in Patzicia. I love this city and I love the people that I have gotten to know. This is my 5th change there, so at the end of this change I will have been in Patzicia about 7 months. You might find it odd that I am so happy to be in Patzi again, but I did get a companion change and that has helped a lot. My new companion is Elder Corbett and he is from West Jordan, Utah. He has 18 months in the mission and just came out of the office as financial secretary. He is the new district leader and is a great missionary. He is super obedient and that makes working with him so much easier. I feel that being with him has taken a weight off my shoulders wondering if I will have to deal with disobedience.

Thank you so much for sending that package. I am super excited for it and I will be waiting for it. Hopefully it will be here by the time we have interviews next week so that they will bring it from the office. I know that you put a lot into those packages and I appreciate them with all my heart. I know that it is a blessing to have a mother and family so loving to send me packages from home. :) I got Brooklyn's letter along with Kortland's but I have not had time to write either of them back because I have been working super hard, but I promise that tomorrow I will write them back and try to get them sent by next Monday at the latest.

That's great to hear that Grandma and Grandpa got there safely and that you were able to celebrate with some of the family in AZ doing the Bench usual with tacos :) I hope you ate one for me :) Holy cow!! I didn't realize that Mack is going to Aprende but I guess that is what happens when you're so far from home, you lose track of time. The kids are growning up so fast I can't believe Kort is going to be a junior in High School. I can remember those days and they feel like just the other week but then I look back and realize that I have been in Guatemala for 9 months. Wow. That is such great news to hear that the house and property continues to progress. I know that the Lord is thinking of you always and He knows your needs and desires. Don't doubt in Him and He will bless you as you pray to Him in faith and are obedient to His commandments. Thank you for helping out the missionary work in the home ward, the Lord is blessing you for that also because you are a part in His work and His glory. Don't hesitate to open your mouth and share the gospel with those you know and with those you meet. This week we contacted like crazy, probably more than a hundred people in 3 days and not one of them accepted a visit, but I know that I am doing what I should be doing. I know that The Book of Mormon is true and because I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I know also that Joseph Smith was God's revelator and prophet in these last days, and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Kingdom of God here on the earth.

I love you all. Do the right. Be faithful in these the last days because Christ will be back very soon.

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment