Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello Mother and all others,

This week has been a great week and I can feel myself progressing better as the Spirit is in my companionship. Elder Corbett is a great missionary and I am learning so much from him as to how I can be a better missinary and also a better and more obedient child of God. In the first week with Elder Corbett I realized how bad I had slacked as I tried to be "nice" to my last companion, and I realize that I should never let anyone pull me down even if it helps us get along better. I have repented and I am trying to be better than I was. I'm grateful that we have the opportunity to repent in this life so that we can constantly become more like the Savior Jesus Christ.

To explain why I am writing on Wednesday and not Monday, on Monday we had interviews with President Baldwin and so we had to change our day that we write to Wednesday this week so that we wouldn't waste time on Monday when we could be working in more effective hours of the afternoon. Interviews went great and I feel that I am doing what I need to be doing because President Baldwin told me that he was very proud of me and pleased with my work. He told me to keep doing what I have been doing and to keep being obedient and my mission will impact the rest of my life in great ways. President Baldwin is done with his mission on the 28th of June and will be returning to his home in Chandler, Az in Fulton Ranch.

This week was a good week as far as the missionary work goes in Patzicia. My companion and I have really been focusing on the Book of Mormon and helping the people gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon because if you gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, you will also gain a testimony that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and that Joseph Smith was His prophet and revelator in these last days and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God on the earth to prepare for the Second Coming of Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is that word of God and as I have testified of its truthfulness over these past 9 months I have grown in my love for the book even to the laying down my life if necessary. I love the talk, Safety for the Soul, that Elder Holland gave a few conferences ago because I share the same feelings as he does about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.

I love you all so much and I am so blessed to have your support. I know the Lord loves you and I know that you are His children. Be firm in the faith. Live for the truth and never let the world pull you into its traps.

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment