Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Do it better because that's what you deserve

I'm glad that my package came! :) I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to get my B-day package until March or so because today we had interviews and that's the last time I'll see President for the next 2 weeks at least :/ It's a bummer but that's how the mail works coming from the mission office. I'll make sure that it all gets its good use when the package arrives though even if it's late. :)

Well that's a bummer to hear that the boys are done with wrestling. I can't believe that I actually missed a wrestling season and that for sure I'm going to miss one more. Wrestling for me truly has been one of those things that you don't realize how much it means to you until you really can't have it. My aggressiveness has been withheld as far as wrestling goes for this season, but I can promise you that I'm finding ways to be "aggressive" with the work of the Lord. :) Kort and Zack let this season eat at you for a bit. Think about what you accomplished and the challenges you had. Now take those thoughts and learn from this season. You now have something to measure yourself for this upcoming year. I'm not talking just about wrestling, but about everything you do. Do it better. Do it better because that's what you deserve.

We must always have our sights on the future and take into perspective the decisions we make now or we will fall short and yield ourselves to the one who desires our captivity and misery like himself.

Wow that's crazy to think that the Super Bowl has passed but it's good to hear that the Packers took care of business. I miss good old American football. Futbol here is different but I'm starting to catch on to the fever a little bit. I actually bought some street soccer shoes because we play almost every pday. It's fun and a nice way to trim down this belly that I've gained.

Mom I love your faith. The Lord has always provided for His children as long as they do what is right. He is the same yesterday, today and forever and He will continue to bless His children and provide a way for them to escape temptation. A scripture that I have really come to love is D&C 29:34. The Lord blesses us by giving us commandments. All commandments have a spiritual base. We must learn to be obedient now so that when we get to heaven we will be obedient there also.

Well the work is still progressing and I am proud to be apart of it. Stay strong and true.

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment