Thursday, February 17, 2011

I can't express in words the joy I receive from reading the letters you send each week! It's amazing how it can lift one's spirit being able to communicate with those you love the most. I woke up Sunday morning and had a little prayer in my heart that Mackenzy would feel me and the joy that I had that it was her Birthday yesterday. I had written in my agenda that it was her birthday so that I wouldn't get thru that day and forget about it. That is insane that she is 11 already! :) Time is flying!

That's amazing that Corona finished wrestling how they finished, but with the loss of the 3 starters that were ranked, it was a big blow. I'm sad that I missed this season and that I still have one more to miss, but it's better for everyone that way. It will help the boys to learn the way I did. I wish I could have been there to help them out, but if they can figure it out on their own they will be stronger and they will understand better why Dad is so hard on them sometimes. I'm so grateful for all of the challenges that I had with wrestling and the struggle I had to understand why my father is the way he is because now that I'm in the mission I am able to apply what I have learned over these short (almost) 20 years. I'm so grateful that I wrestled and that I finished every single year. I will never regret wrestling. It's a man's sport.

That's so great to hear that you are going to be starting a new job mother. I know that the Lord is blessing you and the family with this new opportunity for work. The Lord knows all things and He blesses us with the things that we need so that we can grow not only physically but spiritually also. The Lord will support and sustain you in your new work if you remember to ask for His help. The key is asking. Just because the Lord knows what we need doesn't mean that He is always going to give it to us right away. We must be humble and show our spiritual strength by asking the Lord for the things we need. I'm so grateful to be on my mission and to have humbling experiences that teach me to rely on my Lord and Savior each and every day.

This week I will be turning 20 and will be done with 1/4 of my mission. That is weird and kinda sad to me to think that 1/4 of my mission is over with and I will never be able to get it back. I've learned a lot up to this point and plan on continuing to learn so much more. The mission has been such a blessing in my life and i wouldn't trade it for the world. The Lord is refining me. He is holding me in the fire and watching me carefully so that He can make me into the absolute best that I can be. I know that the Lord is doing the same with each and every one of you too. He is holding you in the refiner's fire of life and watching you carefully. He wants us all to become the best and most pure that we can become but only we can allow Him to do so because we have agency. Think before you act. Think of the eternal consequences before you make a decision and if you desire to be with Heavenly Father and feel that He will accept the decision you make, then you are making the right decision.

I love you all and I am so grateful for the love and support that you unceasingly send my way. The Lord is watching you and knows your needs. He will bless you if you are humble and faithful.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment