Monday, February 21, 2011

My birthday was great and I was so happy that I could spend the entire day in the service of the Lord. I know that the Lord blessed me so much. I was able to spend the day with Elder Forbush, my companion from the MTC because my companion had to interview people for baptisms. We had a great day and found a family to teach. :) We also went to eat dinner with the family of the cook who called you (Mom) this past week. They are such a great family and they support us as missionaries so much. We are working with some of their family to get them to be baptized. The food was great. Simple but great :) When you are a missionary, everything is delicious. I also got a hug "from Dad" that one of the sons gave me :)

Thank you so much for going to the temple for me mom. I felt the blessings as this week passed by. The temple is such a blessing and you are right, mother, that we are so blessed to have a temple so close to our house. There is only one temple right now in Guatemala that serves for most of Central America. There are people that travel for days to get to the temple and the people that live in the area I'm serving travel 2 hours to get to the temple. It's a sacrifice here but the people do it. Make sure that you take advantage of having a temple so close.

That's so great to hear that the stake was blessed to have the presence of a general authority. The authorities that help the church function properly are men called of God to do His work and His will. If we focus on the basics, we will always find success. Prayer is essential in our everyday life. If we don't pray, we are being disobedient, because God has commanded us to pray. It's a blessing to have commandments because the Lord blesses us if we obey them.

I want to let you all know that Satan is real. He has power and he uses it in many ways. Satan is very smart and he tries very hard to put stumbling blocks in our path no matter what it may be. He tries hard to get us down by allowing us to think that we are not good enough or that we are not worthy. I know that Satan is working hard to destroy the lives of many people including and especially those children of God who have made covenants or those children who are searching for the truth. Satan doesn't need to work hard on those who are in the bars drinking or those who are addicted to drugs because he has already got them. Satan is working very hard to bring down the righteous because he knows that once Zion is established he will be bound. We are working right now to establish Zion and establishing Zion is the last great revelation that needs to be accomplished before the Lord comes. Stay faithful and do not let Satan get a hold of you. Be strong and fight him with all of your strength and energy. If you have fallen there is a way out. Repentance is the way and Jesus Christ has prepared it through His sufferings so that we can all become the children of God that Christ knows we can become.

I love you all,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment