Thursday, September 23, 2010

Still Lovin' the CCM and Guatemalan Life

Mom's letter to Elder Turner:

I am sorry I missed emailing you last week. I was going to email Tuesday night so you could get it Wed., but I was at work Tuesday and your email popped up. It had already been about 30 min. since you had sent it, so I guess you were already done on the computer. There was a big thing in the paper last Wed. about the Mexican Independence Day, so it was neat to learn a little more about it.

So glad to hear that you arrived safely. That's funny that you had Domino's pizza when you got there. I guess you know that at least when you come into the city you can get something "American". I am glad to hear that your bowels have been good so far. We are praying that you won't be too affected by the change in food. Sis. Winter's son-in-law, John, that served in Guatemala said be careful of the meat. If you can eat lots of fruits/veggies and rice/beans it should be easier on your body.

That's great to hear that you and your companion are Zone Leaders. What is your companion's name and where is he from? Who else have you made friends with there? Do you have any pictures that you can send? Are you able to upload them onto the computer and attach them to your email?

I sent you some stamps last Friday. I taped some to the inside of a letter and sent it pouch. We'll see if it gets through. I also sent some just regular mail. Watch for them- I want to see how long they take to get there. I am assuming you wanted just regular US stamps to put on the letters you are going to send through pouch - is that right?

Kort got his permit today. He is really excited to go out driving. We watched a video clip for FHE tonight that our insurance agent sent to us about a 19 year old boy that was texting while he was driving. He crossed the center line and hit another car and killed the 2 men inside. It was pretty sad, but hopefully it makes the boys think and realize they aren't invincible.

Dad and I are going to Wisconsin this weekend for DeForest's 20 year reunion. Too bad you aren't here to stay with the kids! jk The girls are going to stay with Geri Jean and Robin and the boys will be with Francois' and Reisterer's probably.

Love you son! Know that we pray for you everyday and are proud of you!
Mom

He responds:

It's all good I figured that's what the situation was. I love you so much mom. Thank you for all of your support. Every night before bed I pray and give thanks, and it seems like every time I pray the Lord tells me that you are the most amazing mom and that you and dad have been the most amazing parents for me. I honestly couldn't ask for any better parents. I love you so much and thank you so much for allowing me to make the decision for myself to serve. I will forever be indebted to you and dad.

I have found that the veggies really do help. I've had a salad at dinner every time the serve it and I am sure to eat all my beans and rice:) My companion was also hoping you could pray for healthy bowel movements for him too. His name is Elder Walls and he is from Colorado Durango area. I would upload pics but we can't do it on these computers...not really sure why, I think it's just rules so I need to be obedient.

I will be sending a card home soon with pictures on it and if you could make sure they get to Kya for the blog, that would be great. We can only take pics on wednesday here too so I haven't had too many opportunities to take pics.

YIKES!!!!!! get off the roads! They are no longer safe!!!! jk :) That's way cool Kort, I will write you a letter today; should be there in 2 weeks. Always remember that if you are righteous, the Lord will protect you, but also keep in mind, Alma 60:13.

I did end up getting a few stamps here, but thank you so much Mom, I'll let you know when I get the letters. Thank you so much, I love you.

So yesterday, Tuesday, we went to the central parque to go proselyting and that was awesome! So humbling too. It's amazing how the spirit works thru us especially how weak and frail human beings we are. I love D&C 1. Anyways at the parque, we gave away 2 LdM to some amazing people who were so prepared. The old man we first gave to wanted to know what the difference was between Catholics and Mormons and I was able to tell him that we have prophets and that we have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and he said he wanted to know what was in El Libro de Mormón. It was sooooooo awsome. There was a crazy fight in the parque while we were there too! Also there were people in the parque walking their goats and selling fresh goat milk.

We were supposed to have an area 70 last night but he is coming tonight. Not sure what the mix up was but it will work out. I got a cool shirt with llamados a servir on the front with a picture of Lehi's dream for 5$. I hear that coca cola in latin america is super good and I'll get to find out next week :)

I love you all so much. Life is busy here and I have to go. Keep it real and SERVE THE LORD!!!!! He is our master and thru him we can do all!!!

Love Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment