Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thanks for the email this week. I love reading about how everyone is doing there at home. It's great to hear that all are staying busy and having a good time. Good thing you got some more chickens. I won't feel too far from Guatemala when I get home :) I truly love this country and the people here. I'm trying to the best of my ability to share the gospel with these people and apply it to them. Every day we have to contact at least 25 people that we aren't teaching and so we are opening our mouths as the Lord asks in D&C 60:2-3. I feel that the Lord is pleased with me. I can answer well that question, What thinks Christ of me? I know without a doubt that Christ is smiling at me because I'm trying to work harder every day. I don't say this to boast but rather to show you the change that Christ has made in me. In one of the CDs that I got in the package there is a song that says "This prodigal son is doing things I've never done." I feel like the prodigal son. I was lost for quite some time, but I'm back where I need to be and I'm better than I was before. Thank you for your love and faith in me.

Yesterday I took some time to think about what I want to do with college and going to Utah and all that. I looked over some goals I had put in January and I had written that I want to start studying in Jan of 2013. I felt the spirit telling me that I need to start studying then, but I thought to myself that there might be some sacrifices included with that. My heart is set on wrestling and I'm going to wrestle in college so the biggest sacrifice might be tuition or athletic elegibility. I've been talking a lot with my companion and he made a good point in the fact that I can probably get a good amout of financial aid so that would be one thing that I need to look into. He also mentioned to me that I can get a good break on tuition if I'm "independent" as far as taxes go. I think that I would like maybe two weeks at home before going to Utah if that would be possible, and of course we will talk more on Mothers' Day.

Here in the branch for fast Sunday we had people talk rather than share their testimonies. One person spoke on the Atonement and another spoke on the Resurrection. Wwhat a joy it is to know what Christ suffered for us. The world is lost in traditions of their fathers which in some ways liven this time of year and in other ways distracts from the true meaning of Holy week. I past my last holy week as a missionary and in all honesty I'm glad for the fact that the people here go nuts with the processions. I know that Christ is my Savior and that He died for my sins. Only in and through Him can we receive salvation. I love this gospel and I love the truth that we know. Let us not rest easy until we know that we have done our part sharing the gospel with God's children. The Lord has called us. Let us answer His call.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment