Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This week was a great week for my companion and I here in Santiago. We are changing this area for the better and I know that's why the Lord put us here together. The branch is weak and all we can do is work with faith and doubt nothing which is in many times hard, but I know that without faith we can do nothing.
This week we had a mini Zone conference with the Mission President and we were instructed about how we need to have better faith and how we need to be perfectly obedient so that we can have the success that we deserve, so that the Lord can bless us without reservations. My companion and I sat down that night and made a list of everything thing that we needed to change so that we can be perfectly obedient and as we did so we were led by the Spirit and guided according to our needs so that we could be honest with ourselves and change what was neccesary. I'm grateful that we did so because I can say now that I am consecrated to the Lord and His work. Consecration is a celestial law and as we learn to live celestial laws we become closer to our Father in Heaven. As my companion and I raised the bar, so did Satan. Our investigators began to bring up a lot of doubts as to why they can't get baptised and I began to get really frustrated. My pride had grown a lot and I began to think more of myself. I crawled to the Lord and repented. We can get no where when we are prideful. I feel that pride is a lifelong battle, a challenge that is conquerable but extremely difficult. The only way that we can really apply faith into our life is through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.

I pray for you and know that the Lord loves you and desires to bless you. Continue in obedience and you will be blessed more than you can imagine. We must show our faith in the Lord and rely on Godly wisdom over our own wisdom. 2Ne 9:28-29

This week I was advised that a family that got baptized while I was in Ciudad Vieja is planning to get sealed on the 24th of August 2012, two days after my release date. I know that it might be difficult but I would love to be there with that family and with you and dad. Please take some thought into that.

Love,
Elder Turner



No comments:

Post a Comment