Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This week we had changes as you know and I have a new companion. His name is Elder Brown and he is from Oklahoma. He has 6 months in the mission. The adjustment has been good and he's easy to get along with but of course we are different. It's hard to make such drastic changes in your life like being with one person day in and day out for 3 months and then the next day your with someone else for the next few months. After the change meeting President Brough talked with my companion and I and told us that he wants my companion to learn the language and be ready to lead the area in 3 months, so we've definitely got some work to do. I'm excited and we are off to a great start. We have a lot of expectations to meet, but I know that it is possible with faith and hard work. As a mission we had a goal to baptize 204 people in January and we worked really hard to reach that goal, but we did much more than I had imagined baptizing and confirming 221 people. Sometimes we have to raise the bar and work a little harder and when we do the Lord will always bless us if and when we are obedient. This week we raised the bar in our area and knocked more doors than I ever have in my mission and had the least amount of success I've had. The Lord tries our faith before He blesses us. Satan was working very hard with me this week and many times I thought after each door got shut without getting in, Why? What am I doing wrong? Why am I here? Every question was reaffirmed with a calm feeling of love that told me that God is pleased with my work and I need to go knock another door. I had a cool experience where I was feeling down and wondering why it was so hard, but then a little moto-taxi drove by with a sticker on it that said "Dios te ama". I smiled and kept pushing on.

Well hopefully the boys will work harder than they have all year in these next few days because this is it, the season can't rewind and they've got to finish strong. Right now I am studying the New Testament in my personal study and this week a scripture really struck me and Kortland popped into my mind. The exact verse I don't remember, but Jesus is talking to Peter and says I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not, and when thou art converted, strengthen thy bretheren. I know he will turn around.

Well about the whole college thing, that's great to hear that they have something that I can study that will get me closer to a PT degree, but that is quite a bummer that I won't be able to be in Arizona for the time passing. I will, like you said, need to pray a lot about it and find out what will be the best for me. I'm not exactly sure what the possiblities would be, but the thought has crossed my mind before that maybe Uncle Ryan could help me out with a job. If not I'll look for something there, maybe some family up there could help me out with finding a job.

Mom thank you for all that you are doing to help me out. You are such a blessing to me and I will forever be indebted to you for your love and care that you've given me over the past 20 (almost 21) years.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment