Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1.17.2012
You're right, I had no idea that it was MLK day, but thank you for letting me in on that! Here in Guatemala you don't hear about those "smaller" holidays but it's good to remember those. That's great to hear that you all had a great long weekend and that you were able to enjoy it with the family. School started here in Guatemala yesterday. Their school year starts in January rather than in August like the US. On top of that the mango season started and I have to take advantage of that because it's my last one here in Guatemala. Saturday I ate my first mangoes and just so you know, mangoes are way better than prunes! I ate the mangoes at about 530pm and by 930pm I was getting rid of them. Almost better than Xlax!

Well I'm super excited for Kya and Ryan, and even though I'll barely miss it, I know it's for the better that they get married as soon as time permits because that way they can continue progressing in the gospel and begin their road to exaltation. I'm not going to lie I'm pretty excited to start that road too, but we'll have to see when the Lord sees fit. I wish them both the best of luck and that they be blessed in these great decisions. I definitely want pictures though, that's the least they can do since they're getting married TWO months before I get home.

So this week was a great week and my companion and I are working really hard. We are having a lot of success, success that can only come from the blessing of the Lord. Sometimes we forget how merciful the Lord has been in blessing us, but remembering the greatness of the Lord is one of the keys in order to receive answers to our prayers as it says in Moroni 10:3. This week we found a great amount of new investigators that the Lord led us to and most of them were found in our last day of the week. We were trying hard, contacting and opening our mouth. We have troubles and trials, those are inevitable, but when we humbly work through them we are blessed. I like the quote that you sent me about attitude. When we decide how we feel and what we think and what we want, we will always be on top if we are focused on the Lord and fulfilling His will. The language is coming along great. I find it essential to pray for the gift of tongues just about every moment I can. This past week I have seen miracles in my progress and I know that the Lord is blessing me in my speech and understanding. I may not be able to have a full on conversation with the people yet, but I am able to fulfill my purpose as a missionary teaching the restored gospel. I have a lot to learn still but I know the Lord is providing the way. Next Monday we will know if my companion is staying or going.

Thank you for all of your love and support and prayers. I need them. Always remember that there is a more excellent way that Christ has prepared. Have faith.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment