Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I understand that there is much to do around the house and someone has to keep the kids going or the work will never get done. I miss being able to help around the house, I really do because I know that even if it wasn't expressed, it meant a lot to you. But I guess right now I'm not helpiong around the house rather I'm helping around the world. It is such a blessing and a privilege to be here in Guatemala and to be able to bless the lives of God's children in this part of the world. I'm far from home but I feel your love each and every day and I know that you are ok because you are living the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you for sharing that quote on repentance. It helped me reflect on my personal study from this morning which was focused on faith and hope. If we truly have faith, we know that Christ suffered for us and we can have hope that although we are not perfect His suffering will allow us to enter into the presence of our Father again. I'm so grateful for the Atonement because were it not for the Atonement I wouldn't be here on my mission. I was thinking the other day that if I am going to be asking people to commit to repentance, I need to be repenting everyday. It is the same with any commitment I might ask someone to make, I must be living it first to be able to ask others to do the same.

Yesterday I finished for the 2nd time the Book of Mormon in Spanish and as I finished the last few chapters in Moroni, the desire to ask God if the Book of Mormon is true filled my heart and so I knelt down and asked. What a blessing it is to know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we have the fullness of the gospel restored unto the earth. I am so grateful that God loves us enough to be able to allow the Book of Mormon to come forth in our day and time to add another solid witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of mankind. I love the Book of Mormon. There is no other book greater than the Book of Mormon on the face of the earth. I would ask all who read this letter to read the Book of Mormon and then ask God if it is true, even if you have already done so, so that you can know for yourself that it is true. After having done that in the morning before church, I was filled with the Spirit so strong and wanted nothing more than to assure everyone that I talked to that day knew what I believe.

Yesterday we had a contact with a man in the street who was a Jehovah's Witness and we began sharing the message of the Restoration with him right there on the spot. He politely said no thanks that he was busy and didn't have time for us to share the message, and by this time we had arrived to the doorstep of his house. We persisted and he began to tell us that he was Jehovah's Witness and that he was in the correct church and that he didn't have time. I told the man "thank you for your sincerity, but the message we have isn't just to share the word of God, but to share with you the truth. This message will make the difference between whether or not you will obtain salvation." His facial expression quickly changed. We were all silent for about 30 seconds and he responded "never before have I talked to or known a missionary like you." We walked away as he declined the message again. I was hurt because I did all I could and he still rejected. I was happy at the same time because I did everything I could. I am not ashamed of this gospel.

Have a great week :) I love you all.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment