Tuesday, August 30, 2011


It is so great to hear from you and to get your emails, today I also got a letter that you had sent from dad Mack Zack and Brook just after the family reunion. It was so great to hear about your experiences with the chickens and roosters. I got a good laugh out of that because that's an everyday thing here in Guatemala, at least outside of the capital. I also got a Dear Elder from Wyron Morales and it was so great to hear from him. It surprised me that they had moved so far away, but U know that they are enjoying the changes. It was funny to read the letter that he had sent because he was naming a bunch of food and fruit of the which I have tried many and just about all of them I really like especially Jocote when it is ripe. I wasn't a big fan of the Chicos, but it was good to try. I have become an addict to Mangoes. I also got a Dear Elder from the Merrills and it was good to hear that Sam is loving his mission. There is no time better. I didnt know that Sean had gotten married until about a week ago when you wrote about going to his reception, but that is great to hear. Im proud of that guy because that's what you have to do after the mission :)

I love the Gospel. I can't express even the slightest bit of joy that I have gained by becoming converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and by helping others do the same. It is so great to be helping the children of God enter into the covenants that will take them to Salvation. Mother I admire you and your efforts to serve as a ward missionary. It is a great calling, in fact there is no calling better. In my opinion it is a hard calling because you are called to be a missionary, but you just don't have a name tag. That means a lot because you have to live the rules of a missionary without being recognized for it. I love you and I look up to you for your service that you are giving to the children of God.

Today we had interviews with President Brough and they went well. It was quick but powerful and I know that He has been called of God to preside over this mission, to help every missionary in this mission achieve what the Lord expects of them. I feel the same way in my assignment. I have to help my companion achieve what the Lord expects of Him, and it's hard. Sometimes you feel like he doesn't like you but you know you have to do it because it's the only way to help him be better. I think I am getting a tiny taste of what it's like to be a parent. You just want the best for them but sometimes they can't see that. You love them and would give everything so that they can have a better life than you. You pray for them in everything and ask Heavenly Father to help them understand. One day they will understand, and that day usually comes after you let them go, after they leave the house and experience the real world. Training is tough but the Lord calls us in our weaknesses and qualifies us for His work. All we have to do is be obedient and the Lord will provide a way. I hope for success and I have faith the the Lord will answer my prayers.

This week was a tough week but a great week and it all turned out great. I gain a stronger testimony of the Atonement everyday as I see God's children repent and come closer to Him. A family called us last Monday night, a family who had recieved the missionaries about 6 months ago, and they asked us to come visit them again. We visited them Friday and they said that they are ready for the gospel and that they want to change. They weren't able to make it to church on Sunday due to a work problem that came up but I have faith that they will make it to church on Sunday. We have 3 families that we are working with and if they make it to church on Sunday that will be 3 families with whom we will put baptismal dates for the 24th of September.

Life is great and it couldn't be better. The days pass by faster and faster and I know that one day my mission will end, but until then I will work hard every minute of every day of every week of every month of this last year and I promise that I will focus on my purpose to help God's children enter into the covenant of baptism. I pray that Kort and Zack will also work hard in this wrestling season, even harder than the last season so that they can achieve what they deserve. Don't let yourselves down by going halfway. Be Go Gettas!! I honestly miss wrestling. Sometimes I thought that I would never say that but it's true. It is the best sport ever.

Live obediently with no regrets.

Love
Elder Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment