Thursday, September 22, 2011

9.19.11
This week was.....interesting. But everything is good and I know that the Lord loves me. I got pretty sick on Friday and Saturday and basically didn't leave the house. I think I ate something that didn't sit well and that's what made me sick. The good news is that I am up and working and I have sufficient energy to do all that the Lord asks of me. On Friday night I got a call from the Zone Leaders that the President was going to come work with us on Saturday afternoon. I got a little worried because I was super sick and I didn't want to have to tell President that I was sick, but it turned out the President wasn't able to make it because he got stuck in the capital with some baptism. I am pretty sure that is how the Lord answered my prayers. I have been trying to put in practice the things that I learned in my training meeting, but I know that I need to do better.

We didn't have a ton of working time this week cause I got sick, but this week will be better and I will strive to do better because I know it's what the Lord expects of me. In Ciudad Vieja there aren't that many people who speak english, but I am about 15 minutes away from Antigua Guatemala and there are tons of Gringos (white people) who are visiting as tourists and they speak English. I try to stay away from them because the majority of them are weird hippie people who like to joke about you and I prefer not to waste my time. That's just how I feel. Plus it's gotten a little harder to express myself in English without using Spanish words. My companion is adjusting great and I am doing all I can to teach him and to love him. I want more than anything for him to learn the importance of obedience and so I am striving to be as exact as I can. I know he doesn't like it sometimes, but I know it's what the Lord expects of me.

That's so great that Dad has work because right now times are hard, not only in the states, but all around the world. It's a blessing to have a job with the way the world is now because there are a lot of people who resort to stealing and other types of iniquity because they can't think of what else to do. It's sad, but it's the truth of things. There are a lot of people here that are trying to get out of that lifestyle so they sell just about anything and everything they have to make a bit of money. It's a hard life, but like you said mom, blessings come from following the counsels of the prophets. Speaking of, the Conference is coming up and I can't wait! My goal is from a year from now attend conference in the conference center.

I pray that the boys will keep up the desire and work hard this up coming wrestling season. I miss wrestling and I know that it helped shape me into a "man". It helped me get over the little bumps and bruises and not worry about little things. Although I do regret not listening to Dad sooner. When I decided to take his advice my high school career was coming to an end and I had missed my shot. I know it's hard to admit it sometimes, but the truth is that Dad was right. You have to listen to him now before it's too late.

I know that the Book of Mormon changes lives because it changed mine and has changed about 14 million other people's lives.

Thank you for all of your love and support. You all mean so much to me. True to the Faith.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment