Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I think that I might be just as exhausted as you are. This week was a crazy week for me too. Last Monday night we got the phone calls for changes and I did not expect what they told me. The mission is organized as other basic church organizations with leaders and people called to direct the work such as Assistants to the President, Zone Leaders, District leaders, Senior companions and Junior companions and for my whole mission I have been junior companion enjoying working hard and living the mission life. I got comfortable. On Monday night when we got the calls they told me that I was staying in the area but that I had an interview with the President on Wednesday morning. I was shocked and could barely sleep that night. I was called to be a trainer and so my new companion is really new. It is such a big calling to be a trainer because the future of my companion depends on the example I give him. Sometimes I don't feel worthy to have this responsibility but I know that the Lord calls us in our weaknesses and that He qualifies us for His work. My companion's name in Elder Carrillo and he is from Nicaragua. He a great missionary and is willing to serve the Lord. I love this mission and I know that nothing better has happened to me in my life than my mission.

It's crazy to think that the kids are still growing while I am here and I know that they will continue to grow, but sometimes I feel like time at home is stopped because I'm so far away. Life goes on and so does the work of the Lord. I know that if we continue faithful the Lord will bless us with great treasures. I am working as hard as I can because I know at the end of the day the Lord will give me the strength I need when I am tired. The area I'm in is great and my companion and I are harvesting the work of many missionaries that have worked in Ciudad Vieja. This coming weekend we have planned 3 baptisms which will be completing families and I don't think that there could be a better welcome to the mission than this for my new companion. I think that it might be difficult to keep up the same rhythm of finding new investigators because my companion is new, but I know that through faith and prayer and hard work we will be able to achieve what the Lord expects of us. The ward and my area is great and the members are very nice, we just need to find a way to get more member support in the work. There are about 140 members that come to church every Sunday plus we have a little town that is part of our area called Alotenengo and they have church meetings there every Sunday where about 20 people attend. The church building in Ciudad Vieja is too small for our ward and so they will begin within this next year to build a new Church Building. When we had our ward conference about 4 weeks aago more than 200 people came and they had to set up a camera in the sacrament room to show the conference to the members who didn't fit in the sacrament room. The ward is growing a lot and I am grateful to be a part of the growth in the ward.

I hope all is well and I pray for your safety and success in all things. I know the Church is true and that Jesus Christ guides and directs it thru His profet Joseph Smith. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book of all and that anyone can get closer to God by following its precepts than any other book. I know the work in the temples is essential and that we must fight for the work to continue forth because like you said Mom, Satan is attacking the families and he does not want us to succeed.

Love
Elder Turner




No comments:

Post a Comment