Monday, June 13, 2011

This week was a great week. You might be asking why, and I'll tell you. Because I am a child of God :) I love knowing that no matter what happens in life, no matter how many people tell me I'm wasting my time, no matter how many people don't want to hear the message of the gospel, no matter how many people shut the door in my face, I know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and is supporting me every step of the way.

The other day I was thinking to myself why is it so hard for me to recognize the Spirit and then something told me to think about my facial expression, I was smiling. I have been trying to discern what the Spirit is and how it works in my life, but I have been looking for an answer in specific and I wasn't feeling that answer. As I teach people how to recognize the Spirit I often use Galatians 5 which talks of the fruits of the Spirit and one of the fruits is joy. I have never been happier than I am now here on the mission. I have felt the Spirit in such abundance in the last 10 months that I think it is now easier to recognize when I don't have the Spirit. I have been able to strive more to have the Spirit and to be happy and smiling. Sometimes I just can't help but smile because the Spirit is so strong. I love serving the Lord with full purpose of heart because he always keeps His promise to bless us with His spirit.

That's so great to hear that the cousins had a good week and enjoyed their week in AZ. I miss being able to swim, but I'm sure the kids have done their fair share of swimming for me this past week :) I'm glad to hear that you got to spend some time with your sisters and nephews and chat. It's nice to have days like that and to be able to share your feelings with others. We can never begin to doubt in the Lord because when we doubt we allow for Satan to enter our lives. There is a difference in doubting in the Lord and wanting to know the truth. I know that if we put our faith in the Lord and do what He asks, we will be guided in our life. Reading the scriptures every day is a commandment and we ought to follow it because that is what strengthens our testimonies and helps us to build our protection against Satan. I feel that the daily reading of the scriptures is our vitamins and our medicine to keep us standing in this war. This is war. It is a war that has been going on ever since Satan fell from heaven. He is trying hard and he is not dumb. He has thousands of years of experience and he is using it. I know that he wants us to be miserable like him, don't allow him to pull you down because he will never be satisfied. I pray that you all will have the strength to resist the temptations of Satan and that you will all be virtuous and righteous. There is a great lie going around that a man can become too righteous and it is all a lie. You can never become too obedient or too righteous.

Never forget about what the Lord has done for you and you will always be strong in the faith.

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment