Monday, March 14, 2011

Well this week has been quite a blessing for me. Nothing out of the norm happened, but I feel like the Lord is just blessing me with a greater understanding and desire to be more grateful. I know that the Lord is wise in all of His purposes and He has placed me in an area with a companion so I can grow the most. Sometimes I find myself bickering to myself and quickly realize that it's getting me nowhere. I repent and I thank Heavenly Father for all the trials and experiences that he gives me because I know that he is refining me.

This past week it was really cold and really windy but today it has been so wonderful. Supposedly the weather is going to warm up but I think that the idea of warm between me and the people here is extremely different. They say that 25 degrees celcius is HOT (un calorĂ³n) but to me that's beautiful. I guess we'll see when it comes. I have not nor do I think that any part of Guatemala has been effected by the disaster in Japan. It was far enough away that by the time the effects reached Guatemala, about 16.5 hours after the original earthquake, no damage was done. It's a blessing to know that all of the missionaries there were accounted for. That was my first thought upon hearing that an earthquake and tsunami hit Japan was that I hope all the missionaries are safe. I know that the Lord has truly protected them as His representatives there in Japan. It's so great to know that as a representative of Christ, if I am obedient He will protect me, as it is with us all.

That is a good idea to put a garden in and I pray that the harvest will be great. I know that the Lord will provide a way if you remember to pay your tithing, fast, and pay fast offerings. The Lord Himself tells us that if we do so he will open the windows of heaven and pour blessings upon us that we will not have room enough to receive them. Don't forget that. Speaking of gardening, this Saturday me and my companion finally got to feel what it's like to be a normal man here in Patzicia because we got to give service by working out in the fields for a few hours. We had to hike 30 min to get to the Brother's property and when we got there we helped him clean up the land so that he can plant corn. It was a good experience and I feel like I am more part of the people :) I have to admit that my hands have realy sissied up since I haven't been doing much labor with my hands and I got a blister.

I knew that you would do great in your job mother. Don't underestimate yourself. You are the most amazing mom ever. You are my Mom :) I pray for you and I know that the Lord is on your side. This was the fastest month that has ever passed by being the same age as Kya. I feel old because time is going so fast and there is nothing that I can do about it :( You are so right about study mom. I learned very early in the mission that studying is essential and that when I study, my mind truly is filled with the word of the Lord and He promised. I have noticed that it isn't very popular among the latinos to study, but I feel blessed to have helped my 2 latino companions grow in their testimony of studying. I do my best to have my personal and companionship study everyday. I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and I know that it is the word of God. Like Joseph Smith said, it is the most true book on the earth and that a man wold get closer to God by abiding its precepts than any other book. I love that WE have the blessing to be able to testify of that truth every day of OUR lives.

Cuidense bastante. Les Amo con todo mi corazon. (Take care of yourselves. I love you all with all my heart.)
Tenanchik (kaqchikel)

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment