Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This might be a short email because its hard to type after reading that email. Thank you for informing me of whats been happening at home. I've been writing Kort and I sent him a letter a while back, but he hasn't written back since then. I guess I see why. As I read what you wrote mother I began crying. The worse part of the whole situation is that I feel guilty. I understand that it is not my fault because we are guilty for our own actions, but the fact that I have gone down that path and to hear that my brother is going down the same path really hurts. It is not a path that is easy to get out of but with the help of the Lord, our Savior Jesus Christ, we can overcome anything. I also want others to know that it is not appropriate to get upset and post things about your parents on the internet. Take a moment and think deep inside of all the things you have because of the sacrifices that your parents have made. They work day in and day out to put a roof over your head, a bed to sleep in, food to eat and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Without them you would have absolutely nothing. You are so lucky to have the blessings you have. Every day I visit people who barely have a roof, and those who are truly lucky have a bed and in that bed sleep 8 children while the parents are on the floor. You can't even imagine the poorness of these people. Don't ever sell your parents like that by posting things on the internet. Every single day I have to help people get out of problems with drugs and alcohol and it tears me apart to see how lost they are. I can promise you that you don't want to live like that. Just turn to the Lord right now. Satan knows your weaknesses and he is working hard to get you down. He is telling you that you can't repent but it is never too late. Pray. Pray hard. Ask for the strength to get back on the path. The path is the only way to true happiness. I can promise you that I have never been happier in my life than I am now in the service of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Well this week was good although we had to change a baptismal date because the teenager wants his sister who is a member to be there but she lives in the capital about 1 hour and 30 min away and has to make arrangements with work to come here. This Saturday or Sunday he will be baptized, confirmed and receive the priesthood! How great a blessing it is to see that he is taking the steps nessecary for salvation :)

This past week, Wednesday we had a zone conference and Elder Falabella of the Area Presidency came and nourished us by the word of the Lord. He talked to us about many important things, but what stuck with me the most is that we need to do what is sometimes the most difficult to have the best results. It is very true. It's hard to wake up at 630 when I could sleep until 635 but the Lord said 630 sharp. We must be punctual and exact with our obedience to be able to receive the blessings the Lord has prepared. If we are almost exactly obedient, we will almost receive blessings. I was reading in Jesus the Christ this morning and I felt impressed to share this with you: Luke 12:15, "And he said unto them, Take heed and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Also James E Talmage said, "The man whose treasure is of earth, leaves it all at death; he whose wealth is in heaven, goes to his own, and death is but the portal to his treasury"

I love you all so much.
Love Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment