Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8.14.12
Sorry I didn't get to write you yesterday, but we had interviews with President Brough and a Zone Council so we didn't have time. Today I woke up tired and exhausted knowing that I'm coming into my last few days of work but with a prayer to start off the day I was rejuvinated and ready to go. My companion and I have been getting up at 5am to go running and work out to start off the day. I'm trying to get back in shape before I get home and I take it as part of my training for wrestling season. My companion and I are working really hard talking with everyone and inviting the whole world to be baptized. My companion and I were preparing that family to be baptized this Sat but we felt that they aren't prepared with a testimony to be able to stay strong in the church so we decided to help them prepare to be baptized on the 1st of September. I'm ok with that because I know that I am doing my part and I know that I will be able to leave my area much better than I found it with 3 families with baptismal dates for the first weekend in September. I've been blessed and I have seen the Lord's hands in my life with many miracles and many blessings over the past two years and I know that in the following years the Lord will continue to use me as an instrument in His hands.

This week as I was reading the Book of Mormon in my personal studies my attention was called to a few verses that talked about how instead of going home the prophets turned around to continue preaching the word. I feel that the Lord needed me to see those verses to establish the firm desire in me to share the gospel when I get home. I may be returning home physically, but my spirit has been turned to the Lord and I will never be able to go back to who I was. I have such a strong desire to share the gospel and I pray that my desire will continue. I have pondered a lot on the point of riches of the world and pride as you mentioned and I'm glad you brought that up because I know that if I continue to be faithful the Lord will bless me with the things that I need and I have seen by the example of my mission president that when we are focused on the Lord and His glory, He will never forsake us. I asked President Brough in my interview yesterday, How have you been able to put high goals in your life and reach them? He said " Elder Turner, if we reach every goal that we ever establish, have we placed them high enough?" That impacted me and he then said that we would talk more about that in my last interview on Wednesday.

Thank you for depositing that money. I got the letter from Brooklyn yesterday and I have to be honest I wasn't expecting it and so when I saw the letter waiting for me it put a huge smile on me face. The picture she sent was great and she looks so different as to what I remember. It's going to be crazy to see everyone again, but I'm sure that there are going to be a lot of changes. I can't think of many people other than those who will get notified thru facebook, but just make sure that Jonny and Paula are invited and Deb and the neighbors. Mom I will eat anything you want to make, but I would love spaghetti :) You know that your spaghetti is the best.

I will write an email next Tuesday but it will probably be short because I'll see you next Thursday. I love you so much for all the emails that you have sent over the last two years and know mom that I have apreciated them with all my heart. I love you and I'm grateful for the example that you have given me and the support to serve the Lord. I'm different and I hope not to scare anyone when I get home, but I'll be looking forward to seeing you all Thursday night.

 
Love,
Elder Kasey Marshall Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment