Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8.7.12
This week was a great week! I find myself being drained every night when we arrive home. I think that it has in part to do with the amount of time I've been out here and also with the way that we are working. I love feeling worn out in such a great cause. Last night we had a family home evening and we watched the Joseph Smith movie and Joseph say something to the effect that while we are building the Lord's temple He is building us. As I work to build His kingdom He builds me. The process will be lifelong, but I know that this has been the best part of my life, the most edifying. I love being a missionary and working for my Lord and Savior.

This past Sunday was my last fast and testimony meeting of the mission and I feel blessed to have been able to share my testimony. It was probably the most simple testimony that I shared, but it was what I felt of the prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I know with all of my heart that the Book of Mormon is true. Something that you could share that I have learned in my mission is that the Savior loves us more than we can comprehend and he shows us that love in many miraculous ways and if we are not in tune with the spirit then we will miss those miracles. The other day it was pouring rain and I left my umbrella in the house because my companion lost his umbrella. We were getting soaked so we looked for shelter under a bus stop and waited a bit for the rain to settle down. As cars drove by they splashed up a nice wave of water so we stood on the bench to avoid the wave. As we waited, a truck drove by passing another car and soaked me from my waist down with filthy mud water. I was a little irritated but I thought to myself that getting angry wasn't going to dry me off so my companion and I just laughed. We decided that the rain had calmed down enough and as we began to walk, within 5 min a bus passed by and told us to get on and that he wasn't going to charge us. A miracle although plain and simple the Lord showed His infinite love for us.

It would be a good idea to transfer some money into my account because I'm not sure how much my bags are going to weigh, but I'm not going to bring a ton of stuff home. Some of my clothes are very worn out and the things that are in good condition I'll give them to someone who will need them much more than I will. I'll bring back a few things but I will do my best to not have my bags over weight.

I hope that I will be able to have a good influence on the boys when I get back. I know that Satan is working very hard on them to distract them and to pull them into his misery. I worry for them and pray that they will be able to see thru the mist of darkness.

I know this is a short email, but my time is running up. I love you mom. I know that families are eternal and I know that we will be together forever. Thank you for teaching me the truth of the gospel.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment