Sunday, August 5, 2012

7.31.12
Thank you for the email and the love that you show me week after week. That is so crazy that Andrew is getting married tomorrow. I'm so proud of the kid and I hope that it's the best day of his life. I miss him, but I will catch up with him here in a few weeks. That's great that you were able to get a car and hopefully now things will be able to sail a bit smoother in reference to the car situation. Zack's had braces for a long time, but that is great that he got them off now. I can't believe that Mack is starting 7th grade. I'm sure I'm going to be shocked to see how big these kids are. I'll be waiting for Brooklyn's letter in the mail. By the time I get it and have time to respond, it'll get to her faster in my hand. 

The work continues to progress and we are blessed to see that we will be preparing more people to be baptized in August before I finish. This past week we found a family due to a reference of a recent convert and that family came to church this Sunday and accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 18th of August. God is providing miracles and I know that through patience and faith and fervent prayers more and more miracles will continue to come forth. 

On Friday it rained a lot and I left my umbrella in the house because when we left there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was toasty hot. Rain was the last thing on my mind. Around 3pm we began to hear thunder and about 10 min later it began to rain. We found shelter quickly because it was raining hard and we needed to put our books in plastic bags so that they wouldn't get wet. It was pouring hard, but don't think that the rain stopped us. Yes we got soaked, but there were children of God waiting for us. I was so wet that I was reminded of the hot summer days working in the backyard with dad and taking a break to jump in the pool with our clothes on to cool off. That is what I felt like soaked from head to toe. I love Guatemala. 

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment