Thursday, October 13, 2011

This week I had a good experience applying what the prophet said to one of the 70, "It's better to look up." Those words helped me this week as I faced the challenges of missionary work. I love being a missionary. There is no better calling. Thank you for helping me get my life in order to serve the Lord for 2 years, bearing His name on my heart.

It's good to hear that you got the pictures of the contest winners :) I wasn't really sure that we would win because I was hearing what other missionaries were doing to clean so that they could win (such as cleaning with acid) but I figured that we would give it a shot. We stayed up a little late the night before the inspections trying to make sure we thought of all the things Sister Brough would think about, and doing the last minute mopping. We woke up in the morning at 630 and got a call from the district leader that they had already stopped by his house to inspect it. We looked over the house again and it seemed clean enough to pass. We waited and they finally came. The cleanest house was between the Zone leaders and us. We won by one point. It was great, we got a ton of pancake mix and we are enjoying eating tons of pancakes. I remember before the mission that I didn't really like pancakes, but when you're hungry, you'll eat what's there and sometimes you'll grow to like it. Today I ate banana pancakes with strawberry jelly and orange juice for breakfast. Life is good :)

That's great to hear that the family is doing well and that the kids are on break this week. I love you all and pray for you. Sorry that this letter was so short, but know that I love you and that the Book of Mormon is true. How great is it that we have Another Testament of Jesus Christ?!

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment