Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This week was a good week and I feel privileged to be able to write you today. In my part this also might be a short letter but I pray you will understand. I love you all and I know that the Lord is with you trying to help you down the path that leads to eternal life. I had a great week this week, probably the best week that I have had with my companion because we were finally able to sit down and talk about our differences. I explained to him some of the things that dad had mentioned to me on the topic of obedience such as, if the spirit tells you that it is ok to break a mission rule, then it is not the spirit of the Lord. He seemed to understand and I felt great that we were able to talk. One of the most important things that we must also recognize is to be humble so that the Lord and His spirit can truly work thru us. I know that if we truly have a desire to be obedient, the Lord will sustain us and help us to overcome whatever challenge we might face.

This week was a blessing to me and I know that it was what the Lord knew I needed to help me become more like Him. This week I was informed that one of our recent converts who had fallen into a past habit of alcohol was able to stop drinking after a long spree of 3 weeks straight of drinking and he also made it to church. I was not able to see because he now lives in different ward boundaries due to the reorganization of the stake. I know that the Lord is willing to forgive us and help us if we but just find the desire within to say no. We need to learn to tell the enemy, the father of lies, NO. The word no will make us stronger in times of temptation.


Thank you for all of your love and support. My prayers are with you.
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment