Wednesday, July 11, 2012


7.3.12
The gospel is real and God loves us so much. I have learned throughout my life and especially here on the mission that like you said commandments can become either stepping stones or stumbling blocks depending on how we use our agency and act accordingly. I love the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our Savior.

I'm so glad that I'm from the United States. I have grown to love Guatemala for the people but the country just isn't the same as home. A few weeks  ago I was with my companion talking to people in the street and in the bus stop and I saw 2  military officers standing as security and I thought to myself how normal that is here but if I were in the states and saw that I would think that something seriously bad is going on. Like I said, I love guatemala. The people here are so special and each day I learn to love them even more. I love talking with them in the streets, in their houses, and wherever I find them :) I'm working hard and I know that for that same reason I will continue to have challenges, but I am armed with the strength of the Lord. I'm doing what I need to be doing and no matter what happens the Lord will always provide. I'm glad that I have been able to have challenges that make me feel out of my comfort zone because as I look to the Lord for comfort He strengthens me against the challenges I must face. 

The rain is great. If I weren't a missionary I'd probably hate it. On Saturday when my companion and I left the house to work it was nice and sunny, but at noon the clouds came in. It started raining while we were with Max and it didn't really stop raining till 7pm. Because it was sunny I didn't bring my umbrella and Max lives kinda far from our house but we had to leave because we had another visit to do. Within 10 seconds of being outside I was soaked from head to toe and remained that way almost all day until we had time to go home and get my umbrella. Life's great. I love having the experiences I'm having here in Guatemala :)

I  know the gospel is true and I know that the Book of Mormon is true.

Love,

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment