Saturday, June 30, 2012


6.5.12
I'm glad that all is well and that the family is good. It is crazy how fast time is flying and that this is Kya's last week as a single woman. I'm super excited for her and I know that this is going to be the happiest and most important time of her life up until now. What a blessing to know that she is going to begin her own eternal family and in that way help God to continue His great and eternal plan. I love the gospel and I'm so happy that you and dad had the strength to continue on and teach us the principles that would truly bring us happiness. It is real. Thank you. I will be praying for you all on the great weekend that lies before us.

Thank you for your great support and for you prayers and love. I wouldn't be able to make this happen if it weren't for your prayers. I love you so much mom. Thank you for everything that you do for me. I love being a missionary and giving these two years. Like you said, and I know, I won't regret these years because I have grown more now than I would have doing anything else. I have become something I didn't know was possible and I will continue to change throught the years. I know that I can become the diamond that God sees me as and it is through these rough times that I'm having that I will be turned into that diamond.  I was writing in my journal last night about some things that had happened and as I thought what it would be like 20 years down the road reading my experiences, it just made me laugh.  Sometimes we just have to laugh about things to let them go. This will be but a brief moment. I love the time that I have spent serving the Lord and I see that my time is running out and that is why I am working harder now than I ever have. 

This week my companion and I were knocking doors in our area and at one house a man came to the door but when he saw us he tried to hide, but we caught him and began to talk to him about the gospel. He was a very interesting person and had a lot of questions and so we aksed him when we could come back and he said that he wasn't sure because he is always busy, so we just asked him if we could come the following day and he said sure if I'm home we can talk. I told him that our time is very precious and that if he isn't going to be home it'd be better if he just said no and in the end he said yes Sunday at 4. We passed by and sure enough he was home along with other members of his family, about 6 people. I was super excited to teach all these people and so he invited us in and we sat down. He told us to talk with his family and that he would be back in a second. He went to his room and put his jacket on grabbed his car keys and walked out of the room. As he walked out of the house he told us to have a good afternoon and to try and convince his family because he was already convinced. He got in his car and left. In the end only 2 of the 6 people stayed but we have a return visit with them today. Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways to help us find His chosen children who will accept the gospel. I know that miracles exist and that when we have faith we can be the driving source of these miracles. If we want to have success we have to have a yes attitude and we have to want to have success. I know that the Lord lives and that He is my Saviour. I love the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true. I love my companion and I know that he is a child of God. I know that we are an eternal family. That's what this is all about. I love you so much mom. 

Have a great day/week. I'm excited to hear this cool story from the camping trip next week.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment