Monday, July 11, 2011

From July 4, 2011

Well I don't know if you have been waiting to find out if I had changes or not, but I have been waiting to tell you. I left Patzicia this past week. It was a bit tough to leave because I had really gained some great friends and relationships with the members and converts, but it is what the Lord wanted and it was my time to go. I was there from the 1st of December 2010 to the 29th of June 2011, 7 entire months. That's quite a long time, but the Lord was working with me and forming me into who He wants me to be. Patzicia was a tough area. In my last 6 weeks there we didn't find a single new family to teach, but in my new area, from Thursday to Sunday we found 7 new families to teach. That's just to show you how hard it was to work in Patzicia. My new area is called Ciudad Vieja (Old City) and it is located about 30 min outside of the biggest tourist city in Guatemala, Antigua Guatemala. My new companion is Elder Ruiz and he is from Nicaragua. Before being his companion I was a bit nervous because everyone says that the Nicaraguensians are pretty crazy and disobedient, but he is one of the best latinos that I know. We get along super well. We have a lot of things in common and one of the happens to be that we both love pitbulls. It's kinda crazy because we get along so well but I'm not gonna complain. He is a great companion, very obedient and loves to serve the Lord. He is a very hard worker and in that sense we mesh well. We are always talking to people and he has a gift of creating a bond of confidence with the people very quickly which allows us to find new people to teach very often.

This week we also got a new mission president, President Brough. He is a young guy, 39 yrs old, and he is very compassionate. On friday we had a meeting with him and we were able to get to know him and his wife and daughter better. He loves the Lord and he loves missionary work. He was called to preside over this mission and the Lord will guide him as he serves the people in Guatemala. This coming Friday we are going to have interviews with him and be able to get to know him better.

Brooklyn, How are you? How is summer?
Mack, How is summer going? are you ready for Aprende?
Zack, How is summer school going? How is wrestling?
Kort, How is the Workout program coming along?
Kya, How is summer? Are you studying? how are the guys?
Mom, How is work going? How is the missionary work goingin the ward?
Dad, How is work going? Are you doing any summer wrestling?

I hope that all is well and that you continue working in the service of the Lord so that He will bless you according to your obedience.

Love
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment