Friday, February 17, 2012

I don't know if I'll get everything in this email that I'd like to get due to time, but know that I love you with all of my heart. This last 21 years have been a blast and the future will continue to be a blast. I love being a missionary and Im glad that I'm serving the Lord. While the majority of the missionaries that entered with me (and in the world) are comparing this to the fourth quarter of a football game, we all know that you always let up in the fourth quarter. To me this is over time. It's do or die. I'm going harder than I have ever gone and sharing the gospel with everyone. Obedience brings blessings. Obedience with exactness brings miracles and this past week miracles happened in Santiago Atitlan. The Lord loves those who love Him and I have never felt more loved by the Lord in my life than I do now. The Mission President is asking a lot of us as a mission and we are reaching our goals because we are trying harder. A few weeks ago I said that I felt like I have never contacted more people and had less success, but this week my companion and I contacted more people than I ever have and we had more success that has ever been in Santiago. Miracles are happening. We worked so hard and prayed so hard that we would be able to have 3 baptisms this month, but we didn't have anyone prepared yet, we were just hoping that we would be able to bring a family that we found contacting to church this Sunday. When we passed by they told us they couldn't go. My heart broke. I wanted to just stop in the street cry. I prayed that the Lord would provide a miracle. We got to church and had no investigators and I just felt really down on myself. The meeting began and like normal they asked me to direct the hymns. I stood up in front of the congregation and saw 3 investigators that the missionaries had taught before sitting in the back. How it happened I do not know, but I do know that the Lord provides. He always does.

Happy Birthday Mackenzy!! I know it's late, but I love you and I hope that your birthday was great. Be safe! Riding in the front seat is dangerous :)

Thank you for the package Deb. I've been getting the Dear Elders and the letters, it's just been really hard to get back to you. I don't even find time to write in my journal. They are really apreciated though :) Thanks for the calendar and all the other goodies Mother. I finally got the package that Grandma Bench sent me for Christmas. I don't know what happened, but I got it like 2 weeks ago and it was supposedly here in Guatemala the 21st of December. The apples were a great walk along snack, I really loved them. Thank you all for the love and support. The mission wouldn't be the same without you.

Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment